Submit a ticket

FAQs about Record of Recognition

This service allows the user to apply for a Child Recognition Record. Only parents that have already recognized their child from the local authority are eligible to apply for this service. If an applicant has not yet recognized their child, they are advised to go to their sector of residence to register their child’s recognition. The application will be submitted to the Civil Registration Officer of a sector where the child is registered.

This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC) and processed by authorities at sector level.

The following are the most frequently asked questions about Record of recognition: 

  1. How much do I pay for a Record of recognition?

The price is Rwf 1,500.  

  1. Do I need an IremboGov account to apply for a Record of recognition?

Yes, you should have an Irembo account to apply for it or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance. 

  1. How do I create an Irembo account?

To create an Irembo account, click here. Refugees and foreigners with passports should visit an Irembo agent or contact us at for assistance.

  1. What do I need to apply for this service?

  • You have to first recognize the child at the sector of your residence before you can apply for the Record of Recognition on IremboGov.

  • The applicant should have an Identification number (National ID number  for Rwandans and passport number for foreigners), 

  • The child should have an identification number (Child Application Number, NIN, or National ID number).

  • You should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.

  • The applicant should submit the application to the sector of residence.  

  1. Where do I get the child application number?

You will contact the sector office where the child is registered to provide the child application number. If the child is not registered in Rwanda, you can register them in the National Population Registry. 

  1. I am a foreigner with a passport living in Rwanda. Can I apply for a Record of recognition? 

Yes, you can apply for the service through an Irembo Agent. 

  1. Can a refugee or foreigner with a Rwandan ID apply for a Record of recognition? 

Yes, they are eligible for the service. 

  1. Am I eligible to choose any preferred sector for a record of recognition? 

No, you can submit the application to the sector where the child is registered. 

  1. What is the validity of the record of recognition?

The record of recognition has a lifetime validity.

  1. How do I know the authenticity of the Record of recognition generated via IremboGov? 

To find out how to verify the authenticity of the e-certificate, click here.

  1. Can I download another record of recognition if the one I had is lost/damaged?

Yes, you can download the certificate as many times as possible.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.