Submit a ticket

How to Apply for a Certificate of Being Single

This certificate is the official document that declares that an individual’s civil status is single. It can be used to apply for services like legal marriage registration, bank loans, insurance, etc. The application is processed by local Government authorities at the sector level. This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).

The processing time is 1 working day; the service costs Rwf 500.


  • Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.

  • Rwandans should have a national ID Number. 

  • Applicants’ civil status should be SINGLE in the National Identification Agency (NIDA). 

  • Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both. 

Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of being single:

1. Visit and click on Log In to start applying for this service. 

2.Under Family, click on Certificate of Being Single. 

3. Click on Apply.

4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.


5. Fill in the Processing Details. 

NOTE: The applicant is advised to choose the nearest processing office for easy follow-up. 

6. Click on Next to proceed. 

7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.

8.  A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.

NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant will receive an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it from the IremboGov platform. If the applicant does not receive a notification within three working days after submission, they should contact or visit the sector office. 

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.