This certificate is given to Rwandan citizens who succeeded a deceased member of the family. It is processed by the sector in which the deceased resided. Form 7 and Form 29 (for land matters) can be found at the sector office. Only Rwandan citizens (adults and children) can apply for this service. This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).
The processing time of acquiring the certificate of succession is 3 working days and is free of charge.
Applicants should have a National ID number/ application number.
Applicants should have a valid phone number or email address or both.
Attachment(s) needed are the record of proceedings from the family meeting.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of succession:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Certificate of Succession.
3. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page. (*: means mandatory information).
- Self: Rwandan citizens above 16 years should have a National ID.
- Child: Rwandan citizens below 16 years should have a Citizen Application Number.
5. Fill in the Deceased Details.
6. Fill in the Processing Details, then attach the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. An application number will be generated to follow up on the application status.
NOTE: After applying via IremboGov, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notification that the certificate is ready for pickup at the processing sector after the Civil Registration Officer has approved it.