This service enables all Rwandans who were not registered after their birth to register their details in the National Population Registry. The citizen should have supporting documents that prove their nationality. After registration, an applicant receives an Application Number that is used to apply for a national ID. This service is provided by the National Identification Agency (NIDA).
The processing time of this service is 1 day and is free of charge.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
The required supporting attachments are a Birth certificate, Birth record, or Extract of the birth certificate.
Follow these simple steps to register in the National Population Registry:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Identification, click on Registration in the National Population Registry.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details by clicking in the blank space to enter all the details.
4. Choose the Place of Issuance and attach the available supporting documents.
5. Click Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
7. An application number will be generated to follow up on the application status.
NOTE: After applying via IremboGov, the applicant receives an SMS/Email with their Citizen Application Number that they will use to apply for the national ID.