This service allows the user to apply for a child recognition record. The application will be submitted to the civil registration officer of a sector where the child is registered. This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).
The processing time is 1 working day; the price of the service is Rwf 2,000.
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandan applicants should have a national ID number and foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have the Child Application Number for the child they are applying for.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a record of recognition:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Record of recognition.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Fill in the Child Details, Parent Details, and Processing Details.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector approves the application, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it on the IremboGov platform. If the status notification delays, please contact or visit the processing sector office.