This e-certificate is issued to certify that the person is alive. The application is processed by local government authorities at the sector level. This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).
The processing time is 1 working day; the price depends on the reason for the request.
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandan adults should have a national ID number and minors should have a Child Application Number.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of being alive:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Identification, click on Certificate of Being Alive.
3. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
Self: Rwandan citizens above 16 years should have a National ID
Child: Rwandan citizens below 16 years should have a Citizen Application Number
5. Fill in the Processing Details.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
- The price of the service depends on the Reason for Request.
- After applying and paying via IremboGov, and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant will receive an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it from the IremboGov platform.