This service allows the user to apply for a child adoption record. The application will be submitted to the civil registration officer of a sector where the child is registered and it is processed by local Government authorities at the sector level. This service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).
The processing time is 1 working day and the service cost is Rwf 2,000.
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandans should have a national ID number and foreigners should have their passport number.
Applicants should have the child’s ID/Citizen Application Number.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for an adoption record:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Adoption Record.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Fill in the Processing Details.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant will receive an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it from the IremboGov platform. If the applicant does not receive a notification within three working days after submission, they should contact or visit the sector office.