This certificate is issued by the sector to Genocide survivors upon request to be used as a supporting document in order to give them access to the Assistance Fund for Genocide Survivors (Fonds d'Assistance aux Rescapes du Genocide, FARG).
The processing time is 1 working day, and it’s free of charge.
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Only Rwandan adults should have a national ID number.
This service is eligible for Genocide survivors ONLY.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of Genocide survivor:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Certificate of Genocide Survivors.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Fill in the Processing Details.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
NOTE: After applying successfully via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant visits the selected sector office to pick it up.