This service allows Rwandans and foreigners to request and pay for an emergency travel document. The service is provided by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) office.
The processing time is 1 day and the price is Rwf 18,050.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number.
Foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to pay for Transfer/Transcription Fees:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Pay for Transcription/Transfer Fees.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details (Rwandans and Foreigners) and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Click on Next to proceed.
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
6. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the DGIE office informing them to visit their office for further instructions about their application.