This service allows applicants to register for a definitive driving license test. The purpose of this test is to test the applicant's ability to drive a motor vehicle. The applicant can choose to take the practical test in only one of these categories; A, B, or F. Applicants with disabilities can choose between A1 or B1 with approval from Rwanda National Police. The service is provided by Rwanda National Police (RNP).
The processing time of this service is 1 day and its price is Rwf 10,000. The billing number expires in 8 hours and the slot is released to other applicants when it is not paid for.
Note: This is a slot-based service whereby there is a limited number of slots available and the first to come is the first to be served. Upon payment for the test registration, the applicant shall be allocated a test slot based on the date of choice and test location.
NB: Passports and certificates of national ID replacements are not eligible identification documents to take the Definitive Driving Tests.
The following are the most frequently asked questions about the Definitive Driving Test:
1. How much do I pay for registration for a definitive driving license?
The service costs Rwf 10,000.
2. Do I need an IremboGov account to apply for Registration for a Definitive Driving Test?
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
3. How do I create an Irembo account?
To create an Irembo account, click here.
4. What are the requirements needed to apply for Registration for a Definitive Driving Test?
The applicant should have a Rwandan national ID, a valid and physical Provisional Driving License, a valid phone number, an email address, or both. i.e Applicants with lost or expired Provisional Driving licenses are not eligible for this service.
5. Can I Apply for a Definitive Driving Test on USSD?
No, the Definitive Driving Test can only be applied for via the Irembo website www.irembo.gov.rw.
6. Why is registration open and closed quickly?
This is a slot-based service whereby there is a limited number of slots available and the first to come is the first to be served. Upon payment for the test registration, the applicant shall be allocated a test slot based on the date of choice and test location.
7. When does the registration for the definitive driving license billing number expire?
The billing number expires in 8 hours.
8. What happens next after paying for Registration for a Definitive Driving Test?
You will receive a notification containing the registration code, test date, and the test center.
9. I entered the wrong details (category, Provisional driving license, test center, and exam date) What should I do?
Applicants are advised to be careful and crosscheck their input information while registering because it cannot be edited after the bill ID has been generated.
10. I paid for registration for a Definitive Driving Test but I did not receive the registration code. What should I do?
You will contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Irembo toll-free number 9099 for assistance.