This service allows landowners to apply for merging two or more parcels into a bigger one. After the successful processing of this application, the applicant is given a new plot document with a single UPI for all merged parcels. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 30 working days and its price is Rwf 5,000.
Applicants should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Applicants should have a Rwandan National ID number and passports for foreigners.
Rwandans and foreigners should have the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
A church/NGO/cooperative/ profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for land merging:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Land Merging.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details of the parcel to be merged. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, applicants will receive a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. When the new land document with updated land use is ready for collection, the applicant will receive a notification by SMS with details of when and where to collect it.