This service allows applicants who wish to avail their parcel as collateral to another party for a loan. A successful application results in a land collateral document. This service is provided by the Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 1 working day and the service fee is Rwf 5,000.
The applicant should have an Irembo account to apply for this service or click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
If the applicant is the BENEFICIARY, they should visit the nearest Irembo agent with the seller’s ID number to help them apply for the service. The landowner’s ID should correspond to the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
Rwandans should have a national ID number/passport number and foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have the land’s UPI corresponding to the seller’s ID number.
A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
Attachments include land documents of the parcel and extract of the cadastral plan.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for authentication for a loan agreement:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Authentication for Loan Agreement.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in all the required Applicant and Parcel Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. After 7 days, the applicant is advised to go to the sector with the required documents for further processing.