This service allows applicants to request land document replacements. This service is provided by the Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and its price depends on the reason for the request.
The landowner should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandans should have a national ID number and foreigners should have a passport number. The landowner’s identification details should correspond to the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
Applicants should have the land’s UPI corresponding to the landowner’s ID.
A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, an address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, an address, and UPI.
Attachments depend on the reason for the request.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for document replacement:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Document Replacement.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details. The details are displayed on the right side of the page.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives an appointment notification via SMS/Email, and goes to the sector for further processing.