This service allows land owners whose parcel(s) were not registered during the systematic land registration to get their parcel(s) registered. A successful application results in a new land document with the latest standards. This service is provided by the Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and the service fee depends on the case. If the applicant wants a fiche cadastral, the price is Rwf 10,000, however; if not, the price is Rwf 5,000.
The applicant should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Rwandans should have a national ID number/passport number and foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have the plot number.
A church/NGO/cooperative/ profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and plot number.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and plot number.
Attachments include land documents of the parcel and extract of the cadastral plan.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for authentication for a loan agreement:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Sporadic Registration.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in all the required Applicant and Parcel Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. After 7 days, the applicant is advised to go to the sector with the required documents for further processing.