This service allows Rwandans who have lost their national ID cards to apply for a certificate of loss which acts as a temporary national ID as the applicants wait for their new ID cards. The application is processed by local Government authorities at the sector level. The service is provided by the Ministry of Local Governance (MINALOC). The document is only valid for 30 days
The processing time of this service is 1 working day; it costs Rwf 500.
Applicant needs to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Applicants should have a national ID number.
Applicant should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of replacement of national ID:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Identification, click on Certificate of Replacement of National Identification.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Enter the Applicant Details, and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Processing Details. The District and Sector should be the place of issuance of the first national ID.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
Applicants who have not applied for a national ID replacement are eligible to apply. Once the applicant applies for a national ID replacement, their old national ID is canceled by the National Identification Agency (NIDA).
After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer (CRO) of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it on the IremboGov platform.