This service enables Rwandans to obtain a certificate of full identity, which serves as a supporting document for various applications. The application is processed by local government authorities at the sector level. The service is provided by the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC).
The processing time for the service is 1 working day, and its price is Rwf 500.
Applicants should have an Irembo account or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Applicants should have a national ID number.
Children should have a Citizen Application Number( Child ID) and a passport photo.
Applicants should have a valid phone number or an email address.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of full identity:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Identification, click on Certificate of Full Identity.
3. Choose who you are applying for (Applicant or Child), and then Click on Apply.
Once you select Applicant, the applicant must be a Rwandan citizen above 16 years old with a National ID.
Once you select Child, an applicant has to be a Rwandan citizen below 16 years and should have a Citizen Application Number( child ID) and attach a passport photo (format: pdf and size: 200 KB).
4. Fill in the Applicant Details Also, fill in the Occupation Details, Processing Details, and the Reason for your request and click Next to proceed.
NOTE: It is advised to choose the same processing office as the collection place to make the collection easier.
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
6. A billing Number/ID (88…) will be generated for payment, Click Pay. Applicants choose the mode of payment: offline (MTN, Airtel, or BK) or online (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). For more information about payment modes, click here
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov and after the Executive Secretary(ES) of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant will receive an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it from the IremboGov platform.