The marriage certificate is an official document that identifies that a couple is legally married. The application will be submitted to local government authorities at the sector level for processing where the marriage was registered.
The processing time of a marriage certificate is 1 working day and it costs Rwf 500.
Requires logging in to the IremboGov account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov. Or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandan citizens applying for this service should have a National ID number whereas their spouse should have a Rwandan National ID or a passport number (whether they are foreigners or not).
Applicants should have both a valid phone number and email address.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a marriage certificate:
1. Click on Log in to start applying for this service.
2. Visit IremboGov platform: www.irembo.gov.rw and under Family, click on Marriage Services.
3. Choose which marriage service you want; Marriage Certificate” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant’s National ID and the details will be retrieved and displayed at the right side of the page.
5. Fill in the Spouse Details (ID number or passport number) and Legal Marriage Details (date and place of marriage).
6. Fill in the Processing details (District and Sector), and the Reason for your request.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the same processing office as the place of collection to easily collect it.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for paying. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using Visa Card or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the Applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it on IremboGov platform.