A marriage record certificate is an official document that identifies a legally married couple. The application is either automatically processed and generated by the Civil Registration Vital Statistics (CRVS) system or manually processed by local government authorities at the sector level, who confirm that the information provided for the Marriage Record is correct. Rwandan citizens are eligible for applying for this service.
If the marriage record is already registered in CRVS, the information about the marriage record is automatically fetched and the applicant does not fill out any other details. The applicant receives the marriage record as soon as they pay. No Civil Registration Officer (CRO) action is needed. The CRO action is only needed when the user is not registered in CRVS. When the applicant enters their email while applying for this service, the certificate is sent to their email addresses without downloading it on the IremboGov platform.
The processing time is 1 working day; the service costs 2,000 Rwf.
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Every Rwandan citizen applying for this service should have a national ID number or a National Identification Number (NIN); their spouse should have either a national ID number (Rwandans) or a passport number (Foreigners).
Applicants should have both a valid phone number and/or email address.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a marriage record:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Marriage Services.
3. Choose the marriage service you want; “Marriage Record” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Couple Identification Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Click Next to proceed.
If the marriage record is already registered in CRVS, the information about the marriage record is automatically fetched and the applicant does not fill out any details. The applicant receives the marriage record as soon as they pay.
However, if the marriage record is not registered in CRVS, the applicant proceeds to fill out the application as follows:
1. After clicking Apply, fill in all the Couple Identification Details, Wife and Husband Details, and the details will be retrieved and displayed at the right side of the page.
2. Enter the Marriage Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
3. Enter the Processing Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Attach the required document in the right format and size.
5. Click Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it via email or on the IremboGov platform.
The information will be updated in the CRVS. The applicant will not go through the same application process again. They can always download the marriage record certificate from the IremboGov platform.