This e-service allows applicants to apply and pay for notary services. Applicants who have different documents that they need to notarize apply through the Irembo portal. Thereafter, their applications will be submitted to their selected notaries. Applicants will then physically walk into the notary offices so that they get their documents notarized.
Notary services’ processing time is 1 day and the price depends on the document details.
Applicants for this service include: Citizens, Foreigners, Company, Cooperative, Church and Profession Association
Adult citizens should have a Rwandan National ID number
Citizens without National ID should have a Citizen Application number.
Foreigners should have a passport number and other personal information.
A company should have a company name and a company TIN
A cooperative/church/profession association should have a name and a gazette number
Applicants should know the document type they are applying for
Applicants should have a valid phone number or email address or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for an e-passport:
1. Visit Irembo platform: www.irembo.gov.rw and under Notarization And Gazette Service, click on Notary services2. Click on Apply.
3. Select the Applicant Type (Citizen, Foreigner, Company, Cooperative, Church, and Profession Association) and enter the corresponding documentations. Below is an example of two different applicant types. 4. Select the Agency (District, Sector, RDB, MINIJUST, or RGB) that provides the document you are looking for.
5. Select the Document type. Note that other details are required depending on the document type.
6. Select the Approving Office Location if you choose the Agency as “District or Sector.”
7. After filling in all the Document details, the fee to be paid is displayed.
8. Click on Next to proceed.
9. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
10. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for paying. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using Visa Card or MasterCard. NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the Applicant will then physically walk into the notary offices to get their documents notarized.