This e-service allows applicants to apply and pay for notary services. Applicants who have different documents that need to be notarized apply through the IremboGov portal. Thereafter, their applications will be submitted to their selected notaries. Applicants will then physically walk into the notary offices so that they get their documents notarized.
Notary services’ processing time is 1 day and the price depends on the document details.
Applicants for this service include Citizens, Foreigners, Companies, Cooperatives, Churches, and Profession Associations.
Adult citizens should have a national ID number.
Citizens without national ID numbers should have a Citizen Application Number.
Foreigners should have a passport number and other personal information.
A company should have a company name and a company TIN.
A cooperative/church/profession association should have a name and a gazette number.
Applicants should know the document type that they are applying for.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for notary services:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Notarization And Gazette Service, click on Various Notary services.
2. Select which service you want, and click on Apply.
3. Select the Applicant Type and enter the corresponding documentations. Below is an example of two different applications.
4. Select the Document Details. Note that other details required depend on the document type. The fee to be paid is displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Select the Approving Office Location if you choose the Agency as “District or Sector".
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
10. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant will then physically walk into the notary offices to get their documents notarized.