This e-service allows applicants to apply and pay for notary services. Applicants who have different documents that need to be notarized apply through the IremboGov portal. Thereafter, their applications will be submitted to their selected notaries. Applicants will then physically walk into the notary offices so that they get their documents notarized.
Notary services’ processing time is 1 day and the price depends on the document details.
Applicants for this service include Citizens, Foreigners, Companies, Cooperatives, Churches, and Profession Associations.
Adult citizens should have a national ID number.
Citizens without national ID numbers should have a Citizen Application Number.
Foreigners should have a passport number and other personal information.
A company should have a company name and a company TIN.
A cooperative/church/profession association should have a name and a gazette number.
Applicants should know the document type that they are applying for.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for notary services:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Notarization And Gazette Service, click on Notary services.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Select the Applicant Type and enter the corresponding documentations. Below is an example of two different applications.4. Select the Agency that provides the document you are looking for.
5. Select the Document Type. Note that other details are required depending on the document type.
6. Select the Approving Office Location if you choose the Agency as “District or Sector".
7. After filling in all the Document Details, the fee to be paid is displayed.
8. Click on Next to proceed.
9. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
10. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant will then physically walk into the notary offices to get their documents notarized.