NOTE: This service is experiencing severe delays. You may receive your certificate in 15 - 20 working days after the date on which the application was submitted.
This service allows Rwandans and foreigners living in Rwanda to apply for a Criminal Record Certificate. The certificate has a validity of 6 months. Additionally, Rwandans and foreigners who once lived in Rwanda for more than 6 months are also eligible to apply. The service is provided by the National Public Prosecution Authority (NPPA).
The processing time is 3 days, and its price is Rwf 1,200.
Applicants need to log in to the IremboGov account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest IremboGov agent for assistance.
Applicants should have a national ID number or Citizen Application Number.
Foreigners should have a passport number. They are also required to attach supporting documents.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a criminal record certificate:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Criminal Record, click on Criminal Record Certificate.
3. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
4. Enter all the Applicant and Processing Details. The personal details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, and after NPPA officers have approved the application, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and that they can download it from the IremboGov platform.
Moreover, when the applicant has entered their email address while applying for the service, the certificate will be sent to that email address. There is no need to download it on the platform.