Submit a ticket

How to apply for Issuance of recommendation letters to Rwandan living abroad for land-related

This service facilitates Rwandans living abroad in obtaining recommendation letters from MINAFFET for land-related services such as transfer of ownership and construction permits. The recommendation letters aim to assist them in speeding up the process. The service is provided by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

The processing time is 2 days, and the service is free of charge.


To apply for this service, you need:

- Applicant should have an IremboGov account to apply for this service.

- Click here to learn how to create an account.

- A national ID or a valid passport.

- A valid phone number or email address.

Required attachments (2)

1. Foreign passport / consular card or any certificate that shows that you live abroad

2. Land title document

Optional attachments

Supporting documents

Follow these steps to apply for this service.

1. Go to  and log into your account. 

2. Under the "Diaspora Services" category, select "Issuance of recommendation letters to Rwandans living abroad for land-related services.

3. Click Apply to start a new application.

4. Enter applicant details (your national ID number, foreign passport/ID details, UPI number and reason for applying (construction permit, land transfer, etc.).

5. Upload the required documents, then click Next.


  • Supporting documents are optional but can strengthen your application.

  •  Only PDF files under 2 MB are allowed.

6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit. 

7. An application number (B2…...) to track your application status

The MINAFFET office will process your application. If approved, you'll receive an email with your recommendation letter attached.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.