This service allows landowners to transfer their land title to someone else as a donation. After the application is paid successfully, it is sent to the Sector Land Manager (SLM) for processing. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and the service fee is Rwf 30,000.
If the applicant is the DONOR, they should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
If the applicant is the BENEFICIARY, they should visit the nearest Irembo agent with the donor’s ID number to help them apply for the service. The landowner’s ID should correspond to the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
Rwandans should have a national ID number/passport number and foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have the land’s UPI corresponding to the donor’s ID number.
A church/NGO/cooperative/ profession association should have a name, a gazette number, an address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, an address, and UPI.
The major attachments include land documents of the donated parcel and a certificate of the beneficiary’s civil status among others.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for land donation:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Title Transfer.
3. Select the service you want “Donation,” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details (for the donor). The applicant’s details are displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details and Beneficiary Details. Those details are displayed on the right side of the page. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives an appointment notification via SMS/Email and goes to the sector for further processing.