This service allows the successor to inherit the land rights of the deceased landowner. After the application is paid successfully, it is sent to the District Land Administrator (DLA) for processing. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and the service fee is Rwf 25,000.
The applicant (SUCCESSOR) should visit the nearest Irembo agent with the deceased’s ID number to help them apply for the service. The landowner’s ID should correspond to the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
Rwandans should have a national ID number and passport number for foreigners.
Successors should have the land's UPI corresponding to the deceased's ID number.
A church/NGO/cooperative/ profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
Attachments required include authentic will/certificate, land documents of the parcel, heirs confirmation document, certificate of the successor’s civil status.
Applicant should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for land succession:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Title Transfer.
3. Select the service you want “Succession,” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details (for the deceased). The applicant’s details are displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details and Buyer Details. Those details are displayed on the right side of the page. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size. The successor's civil status certificate depends on their civil status.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. After 7 days, the applicant is advised to go to the sector with the required documents for further processing.