This service allows landowners to transfer the rights of their land to someone else ordered by a court. After the application is paid successfully, it is sent to the District Land Administrator (DLA) for processing. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and the service fee is Rwf 25,000.
The applicant (TRANSFEREE) should log in to their IremboGov accvisit the nearest Irembo agent with the landowner’s national ID corresponding to the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI) to help them apply for this service. The landowner’s ID and matching UPI are found in the court order.
Attachments include court decision and/or judgment execution report, land documents of the transferred parcel, and transferee marriage certificate or certificate of being single.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a copy of the court judgment:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Title Transfer.
3. Select the service you want “Copy of court judgment,” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details (for the seller). The applicant’s details are displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details and Beneficiary Details. Those details are displayed on the right side of the page. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives an appointment notification via SMS/Email and goes to the sector for further processing.