This service allows landowners to exchange the rights of their land. After the application is paid successfully, it is sent to the Sector Land Manager (SLM) for processing. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and the service fee is Rwf 35,000.
Any EXCHANGEE should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Any EXCHANGEE should have the other Exchangee’s ID number with its corresponding land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
Rwandans should have a national ID number/passport number and foreigners should have a passport number.
Applicants should have the land’s UPI corresponding to the exchangee’s ID number.
A church/NGO/cooperative/ profession association should have a name, a gazette number, an address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, an address, and UPI.
Attachments include the two land documents of the exchanged parcels.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for land exchange:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Title Transfer.
3. Select the service you want “Exchange,” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details (for the first exchangee). The applicant’s details are displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details and Second Exchangee Details. Those details are displayed on the right side of the page. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives an appointment notification via SMS/Email and goes to the sector for further processing.