This service enables Rwandan citizens to apply for a national ID. The applicant must have a Citizen Application Number. A citizen without an application number should carry any document that has their picture and identification details. The service is provided at the sector level for citizens and at NIDA for Rwandans living abroad (diaspora).
The processing time for a national ID is 30 days; its price is Rwf 500.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Applicants should have a Citizen Application Number.
Applicants living in Rwanda should have a supporting document that has their picture and identification details. For more information, reach out to the nearest sector.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a national ID:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Identification, click on Application for National ID.
2. Choose who you are applying for; Self or Bulk, and click on Apply.
3. Enter the required Applicant Details.
4. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
5. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification informing them when to give their biometric. After that, the application is sent to NIDA for processing and ready for pickup after 30 days.