Submit a ticket

Frequently Asked Questions About National ID Application

This service enables Rwandan citizens to apply for a national ID. The applicant must have a citizen application number. A citizen without the application number should carry any identification and reach out to the nearest sector office to request it from the Civil Registration Officer (CRO) before applying for the National ID. The service is provided by the National Identification Agency (NIDA).

The following are the most frequently asked questions about national ID applications.

  1. How much do I pay for an application for a national ID?

The price for application for national ID is Rwf 500.

  1. Do I need an IremboGov account to apply for a national ID? 

You can apply for this service with or without an Irembo account. 

  1. How do I create an Irembo account? 

To create an Irembo account, click here. 

  1. Who is eligible to apply for a national ID?

Any Rwandan who is 16 years or above is eligible for this service. 

  1. Is it possible to apply for more than one application for national ID?

Yes, NGOs, government institutions, or agents can choose bulk and pay for more than one application using a single billing number.

  1. What are the requirements needed to apply for a national ID? 

Eligible applicants should have a Child ID, a valid phone number, and an email address. 

  1. Where do I get the Citizen Application Number in case of loss? 

You can retrieve the Citizen/Child Application Number at the sector or contact the NIDA office via Phone: at +250788 755 860, Email:, Twitter: @NidaRwanda, and Facebook: National Identification Agency-NIDA. 

  1. What should I do when my Child Application Number is not reflected? 

You share the Child Application Number with the IremboGov support team or NIDA for assistance. 

  1. Where do I get my ID once is it produced by NIDA? 

Once NIDA has produced your national ID, you can collect it at the sector where your biometric data is captured from.

  1. I want to change the gender on my ID. NIDA produced my ID with that mistake. Who do I contact for help? 

You apply for national ID correction via IremboGov and wait for the Civil Registration Officer’s appointment for further processing. 

  1. Where can I get a Child ID or Citizen Application Number? 

A Child ID is acquired in two different ways: 

  1. For Rwandans living in Rwanda, a child born after the launch of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS), the Child ID is acquired from the hospital.

  2. And for citizens born before the launch of CRVS, it is acquired to the sector.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.