This service allows Rwandans or foreigners residing in Rwanda to renew their expired CEPGL travel document. The document is used to travel within CEPGL member states which are Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The service is provided by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) office.
The processing time is 1 day and the price is RWF 10,000.
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number or Citizen Application Number for minors.
Foreigners should have a passport number.
Attachments differ depending on the Nationality Type for adults, and on the Minor Category for minors. Click here for more information.
Applicants should have a previous CEPGL number.
Applicant should have both a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for renewal of a CEPGL Travel Document:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on CEPGL Service.
2. Select which service you want; “CEPGL Renewal,” and click on Apply.
3. Choose who needs this service; whether the applicant is above 18 or below 18.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size. Click here for more information.
For adults, attachments depend on the Nationality Type.
For minors, attachments depend on the Minor Category.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the DGIE informing them to visit their office for further instructions about their application.