This service allows Rwandans to replace their lost, stolen, or damaged laissez-passer.
Laissez-Passer’s processing fee is 3 days and adults pay Rwf 10,000 while minors pay Rwf 5,000.
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens above 18 years should have a national ID number.
Rwandan citizens below 18 years should have a Citizen Application number.
Applicants should have a certificate of loss issued by RIB.
Other attachments depend on the “minor category” for applicants below 18 years.
Applicants should have a valid phone number or email address or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for the replacement of a Laissez-Passer:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Laissez-Passer.
2. Click “Replace Laissez-Passer” under request type, and click Apply.
3. Choose who needs this service; whether the applicant is above 18 or below 18.
- If an applicant is above 18, he/she enters their national ID.
- If an applicant is below 18, he/she enters the Citizen Application Number.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details, by clicking in the blank space to input the required details.
5. Fill in the Requester Details. The service fee is automatically displayed after identifying the applicant in Step 4.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the application will be sent to DGIE for processing. The applicant will receive a notification informing them to pick the laissez-passer up after 3 working days.