This service allows Rwandans to request for a new Laissez-Passer. This document is issued by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) and to Rwandans (adults and minors) who intend to travel to the following countries: Burundi, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Sudan upon fulfilling requirements.
The processing time is 3 days; adults pay Rwf 10,000 while minors pay Rwf 5,000.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens above 18 years should have a national ID number.
Rwandan citizens below 18 years should have a Citizen Application Number.
Attachments depend on the “minor category” for applicants below 18 years.
Applicant should have a valid phone number or email address or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a Laissez-Passer:
Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Laissez-Passer.
2. Choose “Application Laissez-Passer” under Request Type, and Click on Apply.
3. Choose who needs this service; whether the applicant is above 18 or below 18.
If an applicant is above 18, he/she enters their national ID.
If an applicant is below 18, he/she enters the Citizen Application number.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details, by clicking in the blank space to input the required details.
Adult Applicants should fill in the following:
Profession and Employer
Height in cm
Minor Applicants should fill in the following:
ID/Citizen Application number
Height in cm
Guardian Nationality and their ID/Passport number
5. Fill in the Requester Details. The service fee is automatically displayed after identifying if the applicant is an adult or a minor.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration informing them when to collect their Laissez-Passer.