This service allows all Rwandans (adults and minors) with a Rwandan National ID to apply for the E-passport to facilitate their travels outside the country. The Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) issues three types of passports: ordinary, service, and diplomatic passports.
E-passport processing time is 4 days and the price depends on the passport’s type.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens above 18 years should have a Rwandan National ID number.
Rwandan citizens below 18 years should have a Citizen Application number.
Attachments differ depending on the type of passport selected and the “minor category” for applicants below 18 years.
Applicants should have a valid phone number or email address or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for an e-passport:
Visit Irembo platform: www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on
e-Passport Application.2. Click on Apply. 3. Choose who needs this service; whether the applicant is above 18 or below 18.
If an applicant is above 18, he/she enters their Rwandan National ID.
If an applicant is below 18, he/she enters the Citizen Application number.
4.Fill in the Applicant’s details, by clicking in the blank space to input the required details (*: means mandatory information).
5. Fill in the Passport & Travel Details for the Applicant.
Select the passport type and the correspondent validity along with the travel details: purpose of travel, the destination country, and destination city.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for paying. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using Visa Card or MasterCard. NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the Applicant receives a feedback notification from the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration informing them when to take the biometrics tests at the DGIE office or Rwandan Embassy.