This service allows individuals & companies to request their Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI) Certificate in case of loss or damage. This service is provided by Rwanda National Police (RNP).
The processing time is 1 day and the service cost is Rwf 10,000.
Irembo agents cannot apply for this service using their accounts. Only citizen accounts are used to apply for this service when the vehicle is registered in their names. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Applicants should have a vehicle’s plate number and a previous inspection center.
A company should have a vehicle’s plate number, company code, and a previous inspection center. The Company code is acquired from the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center (MIC). Individuals are not eligible to choose “Company” if they don't have a company code acquired from MIC.
The MVI certificate should be valid, which means applicants cannot apply for an expired MVI certificate.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a duplicate motor vehicle inspection certificate:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw, and click on Motor Vehicle Inspection.
2. Select which service you want; “Duplicate of Motor Vehicle Inspection Certificate”.
3. Then, choose who you are applying for “Self or Company,” and click on Apply.
4. Enter the Application Details and click on the "Search" button.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
6. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant visits the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center, where they had they did the inspection , to pick up the certificate.