This service allows individuals or companies to book an appointment at a motor vehicle inspection center and to pay for the inspection of their motor vehicles. This service is provided by Rwanda National Police (RNP).
The processing time is 1 day and the service cost depends on the size of the vehicle. Click here for more info; page 26.
Irembo agents cannot apply for this service using their accounts. Only citizen accounts are used to apply for this service when the vehicle is registered in their names. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Applicants should have a vehicle’s plate number, a driving license number, and a company code for company cars. The Company code is acquired from the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center.
The second visit is booked 14 days after the first visit.
Vehicles should not have any outstanding traffic fines.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email, or both.
Follow these simple steps of how to apply for a motor vehicle inspection appointment:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw, and click on Motor Vehicle Inspection.
2. Select which service you want; “Motor Vehicle Inspection Appointment.”
4. Enter the Application Details. The vehicle’s owner’s names are displayed at the top of the page.
5. Choose the Visit Type.
First visit: Consultation of a vehicle problem. The service cost depends on the vehicle size.
Second visit: Checking the reported problem during the first visit. The service cost is 20% of the first visit. The second visit is booked 14 days after the first visit.
NOTE: The available slots/dates are provided by the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center after the applicant selects the Inspection center.
- Self appointments:
- Company appointments:
The Company code is acquired from the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center. The details are displayed on the right side of the page.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives an SMS/Email confirming the appointment date and time at the preferred inspection center.