This e-service allows Rwandans to apply for a birth record certificate. The application is either automatically processed and generated by the Civil Registration Vital Statistics (CRVS) system or manually processed by local government authorities at the sector level.
If the birth record is already registered in CRVS, the information about the birth record is automatically fetched and the applicant does not fill out any other details. Applicants receive their birth records as soon as they pay. No Civil Registration Officer (CRO) action is needed. The CRO action is only needed when the user is not registered in CRVS. When the applicant enters their email while applying for this service, the certificate is sent to their email addresses without downloading it on the IremboGov platform.
The processing time is 1 working day; the service costs Rwf 2,000
Applicants need to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Every Rwandan citizen applying for this service should have a national ID number, a Citizen Applicant Number, or a National Identification Number (NIN).
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a birth record:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Family, click on Birth Services.
3. Choose the birth service you want; “Birth Record,” who you are applying for, “Self or Child,” and then click on Apply.
4. Select which document type the applicant has; a National ID Number, a Citizen Applicant Number, or a National Identification Number (NIN). The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
If the birth record is already registered in CRVS, the information about the birth record is automatically fetched and the applicant does not fill out any other details. Applicants receive their birth record as soon as they pay.
5. Click Next to proceed.
Conversely, if the birth record is not registered in CRVS, the applicant proceeds to fill out the application as follows:
1. After clicking Apply, fill in all the Parents’ Details, and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
2. Fill in two (2) Witness and Declarant Details, and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
3. Enter the Processing Details. The details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Attach the required document in the right format and size.
5. Click Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it via email or on the IremboGov platform.
The information will be updated in the CRVS. The applicant will not go through the same application process again. They can always download the birth record certificate from the IremboGov platform.