This service allows all Rwandans to apply for a birth certificate. The application is processed by local government authorities at the sector level. The service is provided by MINALOC.
The processing time of a birth certificate is 1 working day and it costs Rwf 500.
Requires logging in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov. Or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Applicants should have a National ID number or application number.
Applicants should have both a valid phone number and email address.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a birth certificate:
1. Click on Log in to start applying for this service.
2. Visit IremboGov platform: www.irembo.gov.rw and under Family, click on Birth Services.
3. Choose which birth service you want; “Birth Certificate.”
4. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
5. Fill in the applicant’s details (National ID or Citizen Application Number) and the details will be retrieved and displayed at the right side of the page.
Self: Rwandan citizens above 16 years should have a National ID
Child: Rwandan citizens below 16 years should have a Citizen Application Number
6. Fill in the Processing Details (District and Sector), and the Reason for your request.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the same processing office as the place of collection to easily collect it.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for paying. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using Visa Card or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the Applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it on the IremboGov platform.