This service allows one to apply for a visa. In Rwanda, an entry visa can be applied online or on arrival for people coming from anywhere in the world. This service is provided by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE).
A visa’s processing time is 7 days and the price depends on the type of visa.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service
Applicants should have a Nationality and Document Type
Applicants should know the Visa Type they are applying for
Attachments differ depending on the “Visa Type.” Common attachments are the Application letter, Copy of passport biodata page, and Photo with white background.
List of Visa Classes that can be extended:
SUB CLASS V1 (Holiday) and SUB CLASS V2 (Family Visit): are valid for 30 days on a single entry and 90 days for multiple entries together.
SUB CLASS V3-2 (Accredited Diplomat): is valid for 2 years.
SUBCLASS V4 (Job Search): is valid for 90 days.
SUB CLASS V6 (Prospective Investor, Entrepreneur, or Trader): is valid for 90 days.
SUBCLASS V7 (Medical Treatment): is valid for 90 days.
SUBCLASS V9 (Itinerant Business): is valid from 2-10 years.
SUB CLASS V12 (Reciprocity): is valid for 10 years and is renewable.
SUBCLASS V10 (Bridging Visa): validity that’s not exceeding 90 days may be extended in exceptional circumstances.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a visa:
Visit IremboGov platform: www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on
2. Choose “Visa Application” under the Request Type and Click on Apply.
Note: For applicants who are already in Rwanda and want to extend their stay in Rwanda, please don’t apply for a visa but rather apply for “Renew Visa” service.
3. Enter the Applicant details (Nationality, Document Type, the currency to pay, and the Visa Type). Payment for this service depends on the Visa Type.
4. Enter the Demographic details (Surname, Other names, Date of birth, Profession, Occupation, Gender, Civil status, Father’s names, Mother’s names, Country of birth, City of birth, Current country, Current address, Nationality, and Another nationality if any). 5. Enter the Request and Travel Details (Residence details, Document number, Issue Date, Expiry Date, and Contact details). The Collection Office is automatically set depending on the applicant’s residence details.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
Photo with white background (Format: JPG, Size: 500KB)
Copy of passport Biodata page (Format: PDF, Size: 500KB)
Application letter (Format: PDF, Size: 500KB)
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter the phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for paying. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using Visa Card or MasterCard. NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the Applicant receives a status update notification from the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.