This service allows Rwandan and foreign production companies and individuals to shoot in public for documentaries and fiction films. This permit does not exempt the filming crew from necessary formalities when requested by local authorities on the field, including the need for authorizations related to drones and special equipment. The service is provided by the Rwanda Cultural Heritage Academy (RCHA).
The application processing time is 4 days and the price depends on the applicant's citizenship and the project duration as shown below.
- Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
- Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
- Rwandans should have Rwandan ID.
- Foreigners should have a passport number
- Conditional attachment changes depending on the applicant’s citizenship.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a photography and video shooting permit:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Media, click on Application for photography and video shooting permit.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the applicant details, the applicant’s details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page. (*: means mandatory information).
4. Upload the right attachment and click next to proceed. Attachments depend on the applicant’s citizenship.
Required attachments for Rwandans:
Required attachments for foreigners:
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
6. A billing number/ID (88….) will be generated. Click pay.
7. Applicants choose the mode of payment: offline (MTN, Airtel, or BK) or online (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). For more information about payment modes, click here.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant waits for a feedback notification from the Rwanda Cultural Heritage Academy (RCHA) about their application when the certificate is available they can download it from the IremboGov platform.