This service allows foreign media to apply and pay for accreditation in order to exercise their profession of journalism in Rwanda. Applicants eligible for this service are Rwandan correspondents, EAC journalists, and foreign journalists. This service is provided by the Rwanda Media Council (RMC).
The processing time depends on the media accreditation timeframe. The price depends on the applicant.
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
Rwandan correspondents should have a national ID number while East African Community (EAC) or foreign journalists should have a passport number.
Required attachments are passport size photo (Format: JPG, Size: 500KB), photocopy of a press card or service card (Format: PDF, Size: 500KB), and application letter (Format: PDF, Size: 500KB) from media house among others.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for media accreditation:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Media, click on Accreditation for Foreign Media.
2. Select which applicant you are (Rwandan correspondent, EAC journalist, or Foreign journalist), and click on Apply.
3. Read the Guidelines for filming Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda memorial sites and related reporting and check the “I agree” box to continue.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and Company Details. The applicant’s details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
- Rwandan correspondents should have their Rwandan national ID.
- EAC and foreign journalists should have their passports.
5. Fill in the Project Details.
6. Enter the Details of Address and Contact Person in Rwanda.
7. Fill in the Previous Work and attach the required documents in the right format and size.
9. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
10. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant waits for a feedback notification from RMC about their application.