This service allows landowners to apply for subdividing one parcel into smaller ones. After the successful processing of this application, new plot documents for each subsidiary parcel will be provided to replace the previous document. The minimum size of the plot that can be subdivided is 1 hectare. This service is provided by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 30 working days and its price is Rwf 10,000.
Applicants should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Applicants should have a Rwandan National ID number and passports for foreigners.
Rwandans and foreigners should have the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
Attachments required include land documents of the parcel, an approved deed plan for each parcel to be subdivided, and a survey report.
Applicant should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a subdivision:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Subdivision.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel & Subdivision Details. Depending on the number entered, the applicant ticks where they want a fiche cadastral. The price per fiche cadastral is Rwf 5,000.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, applicants will receive a notification via SMS/Email to confirm their payment. After 30 days, the applicant is advised to go to the sector with the required documents for further processing.