Accreditation for Foreign media
This service allows foreign media to apply and pay for accreditation in order to exercise their profession of journalism in Rwanda.
Who can apply?
Rwandan correspondent EAC journalist and Foreign journalist
What is needed to apply?
You will need:
- Contact Person Details
- ID number for Rwandans
- Passport number
- Application letter
- Passport size Photo
- Photocopy of press card
- Passport copy (If you are not Rwandan) this depends on applicant type
- Previous work sample (If you are not Rwandan)this depends on applicant type
- Phone number or email address.
What you need to know:
The processing time and the price depend on the case .
How do I apply for an accreditation for foreign media?
It’s very simple! Here’s what you need:
- Visit Irembo Platform. www.irembo.gov.rw
- Click on Accreditation for foreign media UNDER Media
- Choose Who you are applying for
- If you are a Rwandan citizen you will use your National ID
- If you are a foreigner or EAC journalist you will use your Passport number
- Agree with the Guidelines for filming Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda memorial sites and related reporting:
Fill in the ID number for a Rwandan journalist and a Passport number, nationality, current residence, passport expiry date, first name, last name, Gender, civil status , father's names, mother's names, country of birth and date of birth if the applicant is EAC or Foreign journalist.
Fill in your contact details
Fill in contact person details
- Fill in work details
- Attach all the attachments with the required format and size,
Attachments: To upload all the below attachments, you click on the blue button with a PLUS sign on it , go to the folder where you saved your document click on it and click on open. It will be uploaded
-Application letter (PDF ,Not larger than 1MB) -Passport size Photo (JPG/PNG ,not larger than 50KB) -Photocopy of press card (PDF ,Not larger than 1MB) -Passport copy (If you are not Rwandan) this depends on applicant type (PDF ,Not larger than 1MB) -Previous work sample (If you are not Rwandan)this depends on applicant type (PDF ,Not larger than 1MB)
10 . Click on next, fill in your phone number/email and submit
11. You will receive a billing number (990…………) and Pay
After you apply: After having successfully paid via IremboGov, the Applicant waits for a feedback notification from Media high council about his/her application.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comment section .