This service enables Rwandans and foreigners who received technical and vocational education from foreign institutions to apply for an equivalency certificate from the National Examination and School Inspection Authority (NESA).
The processing time is 7 working days. The price for this service is Rwf 1,000.
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number.
Foreigners should have a passport number.
Required attachments are technical or vocational training certificate and academic transcript from awarding institution.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a foreign equivalency certificate for TVET:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Education, click on Foreign Equivalency Certification for TVET.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant will receive a notification via SMS and/or email to confirm the payment. Once NESA receives the application, and if it’s found authentic, the application will be approved. The applicant will receive the e-certificate via email or can download it from the IremboGov platform.