This service allows users to renew their permits. The application is received and processed by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) office.
The processing time is 7 days and the price depends on the type of permit.
Applicants with or without an Irembo account can apply for this service.
Applicants should have document-type details (passport or other documents).
Attachments differ depending on the permit type requested. Click here for more information.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a permit renewal:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Permits.
2. Choose the Request Type as “Renew permit,” and click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Demographic Details.
4. Enter the Request and Travel Details. If you have dependents, fill in Dependent Details as well.
5. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size. The attachments defer depending on the permit type requested.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant will receive a feedback notification from the DGIE informing them when you should go for your permit pickup at the DGIE office.