This service allows Rwandans and foreigners to update their land information in the land registry. This service is provided by the Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and its price depends on the action type.
Applicants should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Rwandan applicants should have a national ID number and a passport for foreigners.
All applicants should have the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI).
A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and a UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and a UPI.
The attachments are conditional; the processing may or may not require them.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps of how to add or remove a landowner:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to apply for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Title Details Update.
3. Choose which service you want; “Requesting to Add or Remove Land Owners,” and click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details. Applicants could be a Rwandan with a national ID or a foreigner with a passport, and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details and select a Reason for Modification.
Rwandans and foreigners:
- A church/company/NGO/cooperative/profession association:
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size. Attachments depend on the Action Type and Reason for the Request.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
- Action Type: Add landowner. Request Type Attachment: Marriage Certificate or Other.
- Action Type: Remove landowner. Request Type Attachment: Death Certificate.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, applicants will receive a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. When the new land document with updated land use is ready for collection, the applicant will receive a notification by SMS with details of when and where to collect it.