This service allows landowners to align their land's use with the latest version of the city's master plan. A successful application results in a new land document with updated land use. This service is provided by the Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA).
The processing time is 7 working days and its price is Rwf 5,000.
Applicants should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
Rwandans should have a national ID number and passports for foreigners.
Rwandans and foreigners should have the land’s Unique Parcel Identifier (UPI)
A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI.
A company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
Attachments required include land documents of the parcel and authorization for change of land use.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a change of land use:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Land, click on Change of Land Use.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Parcel Details. A church/NGO/cooperative/profession association should have a name, a gazette number, address, and UPI whereas a company should have a name, a TIN, address, and UPI.
6. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, applicants will receive a notification via SMS/Email to confirm the payment. The application will be sent to the LAIS processor and then to the Sector Land Manager (SLM). When the new land document with updated land use is ready for collection, the applicant will receive a notification by SMS with details of when and where to collect it.