This service enables Rwandans and refugees to replace their national ID in case of loss or damage. The applicant may apply for a temporary ID (Certificate of Replacement for National Identification) while waiting for the new ID to be produced. However, this requires an additional fee of Rwf 500, and it is valid for 30 days only. This service is provided by the National Identification Agency (NIDA).
The processing time of this service is 30 days and its price is Rwf 1,500
Applicants should have an Irembo account to apply for this service. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Applicants should have a national ID number.
Refugees should have a refugee ID number.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a National ID Replacement:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Identification, click on National ID Replacement.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Enter the Applicant’s ID number. The applicant’s information will automatically appear on the right side of the page.
4. Choose whether or not you want a temporary ID while waiting for the replacement.
- If yes, the applicant pays an additional fee of Rwf 500 and selects the processing office of that document.
5. Select the nearest or preferred RIB processing office and place of collection for the new ID.
NOTE: It is advisable to choose the same processing office as the place of collection for easy collection.
6. Click Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
8. An application number will be generated to follow up on the application status.
After submitting the application, it is sent to the RIB office of your selection for processing. The RIB officer will set an appointment for the applicant to visit their office for application approval. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive a billing number to pay for the new ID.
Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
After successfully paying for the service via IremboGov, the application is sent to NIDA for production. For further information, reach out to your selected sector of collection.