This service enables people who attended their general education (primary and secondary) from foreign institutes to apply for the equivalency certificate. This service is provided by the National Examination and School Inspection Authority (NESA).
The processing time is 7 working days. The price for this service is Rwf 1,000
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number.
Foreigners should have a passport number.
Required and conditional attachments for Rwandans and foreigners are different. Note that Rwandan notaries should first notify the supporting documents.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for an equivalency certificate for foreign qualifications:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Education, click on Application for Equating Foreign Qualifications – General Education.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size. Attachments depend on the applicant’s nationality and/or the level of qualifications.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant will receive a notification via SMS and/or email to confirm the payment. Once the Rwanda Education Board (REB) receives the application, and if it’s found authentic, the application will be approved. The applicant will receive the e-certificate via email or can download it from the IremboGov platform.