This service allows both Rwandans and refugees to apply for National id correction. The National Identification Agency (NIDA) offers this service of correcting your national ID cards for various reasons such as gender, photo, names, and date of birth.
The following are the most frequently asked questions about National ID correction:
1. How much do I pay for an application for a national ID correction?
The price of the application for national ID correction is Rwf 1,500.
2. Do I need an IremboGov account to apply for a national ID correction?
No, you don’t need an account to apply for this service.
3. Who is eligible for applying for the national ID correction?
Any Rwandan or refugee whose national ID was produced with an error.
4. What are the requirements needed to apply for a national ID correction?
You should have your national ID card, supporting documents to justify the reason for the request, a valid phone number, or an email address.
5. Where do I go when I want to submit my application for national ID correction?
You apply and pay via IremboGov and when you receive an appointment notification, then you should visit the sector you chose for further processes with the supporting documents.
6. What should I do when my national ID number is not reflected?
You share the national ID number with NIDA or the IremboGov support team for assistance.
7. Where do I get my ID once it is produced by NIDA after applying?
Once NIDA has produced your national ID, you can collect it at the selected collection place.