This article describes how to pay instantly with MTN MoMo on IremboGov. It enables applicants to pay from a pop-up window on their smartphones.
NOTE: Applicants can pay for services from institutions where instant MTN MoMo payment is available. These include the following:
Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE)
Higher Education Council (HEC)
Institute of National Museums of Rwanda (INMR)
Rwanda Media Council (RMC)
National Identification Agency (NIDA)
Rwanda Education Board (REB)
Rwanda Governance Board (RGB)
Rwanda National Police (RNP)
Here is how it works:
1. After submitting the application, a Bill ID will be generated for payment. This payment option is available for bill IDs in Rwandan Francs (RWF).
2. The applicant uses a bill ID to pay for the service using the payment options available. To pay using the new MTN MoMo payment option, the applicant selects “Pay with MTN.”
3. Then, enter a valid MTN phone number to pay and click on Pay.
NOTE: The phone number should be registered in Mobile Money with a balance higher than or equal to the bill ID amount.
4. If the phone number is not a valid Rwandan number, an error message will display.
5. If the phone number is valid, a pop-up window will appear on the applicant’s phone prompting him/her to approve the money withdrawal. The phone number should have an active MTN MoMo account.
6. MTN will prompt the applicant to enter their PIN.
7. Once the correct PIN is entered, the service will be successfully paid.
8. The applicant receives a notification that the service was successfully paid and an application number is provided to track the application on the IremboGov platform.