This service allows Rwandans to pay for Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle), for both themselves and their households. It is provided by Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB).
The processing time is 1 day and the price depends on the number of health insurance dependents.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Applicants should have a national ID number of the head of the household. Note: To be the head of the household, the family chooses a representative, and that person is registered at sector level as the head of the household.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to pay for the Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle):
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Health, click on Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle).
2. Click on Apply.
3. Enter the ID number of the head of the household. Their personal details will be displayed on the right side of the page.
4. Once the exact amount to be paid is displayed automatically, enter that amount in the appropriate box.
NOTE: Fiscal year starts from June of the current fiscal year to June of the following year.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant receives a confirmation notification via SMS/email informing them that the payment has been well received.